Permanent, Full time
Reference # 2023-66
The Accounting Clerk I will act as a receptionist and clerk for Atikokan Health and Community Services, and will work as a member of a team to perform a variety of tasks relating to the production of the employee payroll and processing of accounts payables and receivables. This position also acts as a resource person for the Long-Term Care families and admissions.
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce degree, Business Administration diploma, or 5 years related work experience.
- Certified Payroll Manager designation through the Canadian Payroll Association is an asset.
- Experience in the basic procedures of payroll, benefits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, WSIB, HOOPP and Employer health tax. General knowledge of general ledger and GAAP is an asset.
- Experience in computerized payroll systems.
- Advanced computer knowledge in Microsoft office software and Outlook.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and challenging work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain the oath of confidentiality.
- Be willing to train or upgrade as necessary.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance.
NOTE: applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the contact information below.
Apply with resume and cover letter in confidence – quoting the reference number.
POSTED UNTIL FILLED
Atikokan General Hospital
120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.