Full time, Temporary
Reference # 2023-56
NOTE: this is a temporary full-time position for one year, funded through the NOHFC.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial & Corporate Services Officer, the Finance & Accounting Assistant will assist in the day to day operations of the Business Office.
- Graduate of, or currently enrolled in, a business/accounting diploma program.
- Experience with Microsoft office software programs.
- Good communication/telephone skills.
- Able to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Good organizational skills, able to adapt to change and multiple demands.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance.
- Ability to maintain the oath of confidentiality.
- Understanding of basic accounting procedures and general knowledge of GAAP, an asset.
- Understanding of computerized financial systems (A/P, A/R, Payroll, Inventory), an asset.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- Candidate must not have previously participated in the NOHFC’s People & Talent Program.
- Candidate must be a new entrant into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field.
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Candidate must reside in Northern Ontario.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination.
For the Workforce Development Stream.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream
Apply with resume and cover letter in confidence – quoting the reference number – to
Atikokan General Hospital
120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
APPLICTIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the above contact information. Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.