Website Atikokan General Hospital
Medical Laboratory Assistant (new grads welcome!)
Part time position
Reference # 2019-48
Working under the supervision of the Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT), and reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA) is responsible for performing a limited range of routine tests on patients and clinical specimens, following Hospital/Laboratory policy and procedures. The MLA will perform phlebotomy, accessioning in the computer, clerical duties, event monitor recordings, and other duties as assigned by the MLT or the Laboratory Manager.
NOTE: this is a part time position, at least two days a week. New graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- Certified by a college recognized by the Ontario College of Medical Technologists or the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Sciences (CSMLS).
- Knowledge and understanding of Laboratory Quality Management systems, and of IQMH Lab Accreditation requirements, is an asset. Training will be provided.
- Understanding of equipment calibration and maintenance protocols is an asset. Training will be provided.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of infection control practices and procedures, as well as applicable legislation and regulations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Demonstrated competency in record keeping.
Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the below contact information.
Apply with resume and cover letter in confidence – quoting the reference number – by 4:00 PM Atikokan Time January 3, 2020 to:
Atikokan General Hospital
120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.