Rate of Pay: $15.00/hour Start Date: July 4, 2023
Duration: 8 weeks Reference #: 2023-40
The Medical Laboratory Aide will work with the Lab team under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
- Preforms general office duties (answering phones, shredding, filing, data entry).
- Restocking collection area.
- Makes appointments/does reminder calls as necessary.
- Adheres to patient confidentiality.
- Other clerical duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must be a high school student or a recent graduate from high school (preferably interested in the sciences), or a student in the Medical Laboratory Assistant or Medical Laboratory Technologist program.
- Must be between 15-30 years old.
- Must be a Canadian citizen with valid SIN.
- Shows willingness to learn and develop knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently.
Apply with resume and cover letter – quoting the reference number – in confidence to:
Atikokan General Hospital, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-1210
Deadline for applications is June 5, 2023 at 4:00 PM Atikokan Time
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the above contact information.
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.