Reference # 2023-61
*Atikokan Nursing positions are eligible for the Tuition Support Program. If you join our team within one year of graduating you could be eligible to have your tuition costs reimbursed*
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Registered Nurse is accountable to provide quality nursing care to patients/residents including complex patient populations whose outcomes are not predictable. The Registered Nurse will promote health, assess, plan, provide, coordinate and evaluate care and treatment with the ultimate goal of achieving the best possible patient outcomes. Delivery of patient/resident care and professional practice is consistent with the scope of practice of the Registered Nurse as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario, and the policies of the Hospital.
Position start date: September 15, 2023.
- RN in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certified in CPR (BCLS)
- Certified in ACLS and TNCC is considered an asset
- Demonstrates through basic education and continuing learning/knowledge relevant to her/his professional practice
- Demonstrates leadership in providing, facilitating, and promoting the best possible care/service to patients/residents, their families and significant others
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and her/his knowledge to ensure desired patient/resident outcomes are achieved
- Basic computer skills and proficiency for using medical technology
- Demonstrates alignment with Atikokan General Hospital Vision and Values
- Two years experience/skill in various areas of Acute Care.
Apply with resumé and cover letter – quoting reference number – in confidence to:
Atikokan General Hospital, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-4305
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the above contact information.
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.