ATIKOKAN FAMILY HEALTH TEAM REQUIRES
One (1) Registered Nurse – Permanent Full-Time
Reference # 2023-68
*Atikokan Nursing positions are eligible for the Tuition Support Program. If you join our team within one year of graduating you could be eligible to have your tuition costs reimbursed*
The Registered Nurse is an integral member of the Atikokan Family Health Team. The RN will have responsibilities, including but not limited to, wound care management, smoking cessation, hospital post-discharge programming, and nursing services for the overflow Home and Community Care contract. The successful candidate will gain valuable patient care experience and build connections within interprofessional environment in a family healthcare setting. RN practice will be enhanced though ongoing learning and education.
Position start date: As soon as possible
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Current BCLS certification required
- Education and/or skills in wound management an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekend hours
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function as an effective member of a collaborative interdisciplinary team
- An enthusiasm for quality improvement in healthcare
- Knowledge of PS Suites EMR is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- All employees must provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (3 doses)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Apply with resumé and cover letter – quoting reference number – in confidence to:
Atikokan General Hospital, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-4305
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the above contact information.
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.