Start Date: As soon as possible
Starting Wage: $24.07/hour
Under the supervision of the Pharmacy RPN and Chief Nursing Officer and the direction of the Regional Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Assistant monitors and maintains medication stock in the pharmacy, controls and maintains the Automated Dispensing Cabinets, enters medication orders for inpatients and updates and maintains medication profiles, maintains vaccine stock, and monitors controlled substances in the pharmacy and throughout the hospital.
- Minimum Education required: Grade 12 graduate.
- Graduate of a Community College or combination of education and experience considered an asset.
- One-year experience in hospital or retail pharmacy preferred.
- Demonstrates ability in problem solving, decision making and working independently as well as with part of a team.
- Good health and a demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Competent in computer skills & mathematics.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination.
Apply with resume and cover letter in confidence – quoting the reference number – to
Atikokan General Hospital, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-4305
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the above contact information.
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.