Start Date: As soon as possible
Wage: $22.02 – $25.28/hour
The Security Officer is accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer. The main responsibility is to
provide enhanced security and protection for AGH staff, patients, visitors, and property when
faced with a patient / client exhibiting uncontrolled aggression and violence. This responsibility
is expected to be performed in the highest possible standards and in the most courteous,
effective and efficient manner.
- High School Diploma required
- Degree or diploma in relevant field such as Police/Security Foundations or acceptable combination of experience and equivalent skills (preferred)
- Training in Code White, Use of Force, Handcuffing and Restraint use, Conflict Avoidance, and Physical Disengagement certifications preferred
- Must have valid Ontario class “G” driver’s license
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check
- First-aid and CPR certification (preferred)
- Previous experience as a Security Officer or in a related field (preferred, and is an asset)
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination.
Apply with resume and cover letter in confidence – quoting the reference number – to
Atikokan General Hospital, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-4305
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the above contact information.
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.