Atikokan General Hospital Outpatient Chemotherapy ProgramAtikokan General Hospital
Atikokan General Hospital – Outpatient Chemotherapy Department
All cancer treatments are prescribed by a medical oncologist from the Regional Cancer Centre in Thunder Bay, ON.Our goal is to provide cancer care closer to home. We strive to deliver the best possible care, support and information while ensuring privacy, dignity and comfort during each of our visits. Our unit is located next to our emergency department in a quiet, cheerful room where we have the capability of accommodating 2 patients at any one time. Services include:
• Administration of systemic (intravenous, injection) and oral cancer therapies
• Cancer treatment procedures
• Information, education and support services for cancer patients and their families
• Telemedicine appointments/follow-ups with oncologist / palliative care team Staff:
• The unit is staffed with one full-time Registered Nurse certified in Chemotherapy & Biotherapy.
We also have one full-time Pharmacy Assistant who is certified in mixing of chemotherapy and additional chemotherapy certified RNs who work on the unit on a casual basis. Referrals:
• Can be made by patient’s oncologist from Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre Cancer Centre.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (Closed evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays)
Location: 120 Dorothy Street Atikokan, ON. Next to the Emergency department at Atikokan General (right – at the end of the hall) Contact: (807)597-4215 ext. 362