Freedom of InformationPrivacy
Freedom of information
Atikokan General Hospital complies with the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). The Act provides a general right of access to information under the custody or control of the Atikokan General Hospital, subject to certain exclusion and exemptions outlined in the Act.
The Principles of FIPPA
- Information should be available to the public
- Necessary exemptions from the right of access should be limited and specific
- Any person may make a request for information under FIPPA
- Decisions on the disclosure may be appealed to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
- Protect personal information from unauthorized collection, use and disclosure while providing access to one’s on personal information
making a request for information
A request for access to information may be made by completing an Access Request Form. Alternatively, written requests that refer to the Act will also be accepted. Each Access Request must be submitted with a non-refundable $5.00 application fee.
Click here to complete the Access Request Form.
You may forward your completed Access Request Form and $5.00 non-refundable application fee to:
Freedom of Information & Privacy Lead
PO Box 2490, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
If submitting payment by cheque, please make payable to Atikokan General Hospital.
Fees Related to Freedom of Information Requests
Additional fees may apply based on the processing and searching procedures required in retrieving a request. For fees over $100.00, a deposit of 50% is required to secure the retrieval of records. Records will not be severed, copied or released until the fee is paid.
The Freedom of Information and Privacy Lead will respond to your request within 30 days, either providing access to the information or notifying you that the information cannot be released under specific provisions of the Act. Should additional time be required to complete your request, you will be notified within 30 calendar days of making your request.
Questions or concerns