COVID-19 Assessment & TestingAtikokan General Hospital Services
Atikokan General Hospital does not offer COVID-19 testing for travel outside of Canada.
Guidelines for COVID-19 Assessment & Testing
Testing is an important part of reducing the spread of COVID-19. The Ministry of Health has developed provincial testing criteria for COVID-19 to prioritize testing for those who are at greatest risk.
Atikokan General Hospital offers COVID-19 assessment and testing. For your safety, assessment and testing is by appointment only. We do not take walk-ins.
- Call (807) 597-4215 ext. 362. Phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- COVID-19 testing appointments are available 5 days a week between 8 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- If you require the testing service outside of regular business hours please call (807) 597-4215 x362 to discuss your options.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call and cancel so others can access this booking time.
Please come to the Atikokan General Hospital and enter through the main doors at your scheduled time with your health card. Upon entering the main doors you will be prompted to fill out the screening form, once complete please hand in to the main office. The office staff will then call the nurse to let them know you have arrived for your appointment. You will then be registered, assessed, tested and counselled about the next steps. Click here to see the steps upon entering the main doors.
The nurse will call you with your results, however there are two ways to get your results on your own:
- Contact your family physician.
- Visit covid-19.ontario.ca and select “Check your lab results”
Individuals who test positive for COVID will be contacted by an on-call physician.
Red and White Health Cards, Expired Health Cards & Out of Province
Individuals who are not able to look up their results online can call (807) 597-4215 ext. 362 24 hours after their assessment.
Tests completed at our assessment centre are tested on site and results should be available within 24 hours following your assessment.
The Assessment Centre is located in the Atikokan General Hospital through the main entrance.
To get to the Assessment Centre, use the main parking lot and enter the hospital using the main entrance. Do not enter through; ER, Extended Care or Rehab.
Parking spaces for the Assessment Centre are clearly marked.
COVID-19 Assessment Centre
Atikokan General Hospital
120 Dorothy St
If you are experiencing severe symptoms, please go to your nearest Emergency Department or call 911.
- The Ontario Government’s COVID-19 Online Self-Assessment Tool
- The Ontario Government’s COVID-19 School Screening (intended for students attending school)
- Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
(807) 597 – 4215 x362