Full time, Permanent
NOTE: This will be a permanent full-time position beginning as soon as possible.
*Relocation bonus up to $5000*
*Sign on bonus of $5000*
($2500 immediately and $2500 after 1 year of return of service)
*Active participation in the on-call schedule can boost salary by approx. $20,000/year*
Working under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager and the Senior Laboratory Technologist, the Medical Laboratory Technologist will perform a range of tests – both routine and complex – on patients and clinical specimens. The MLT must participate in the on-call schedule of the Lab, in accordance with the Hospital’s hours of operation.
- A member in good standing of the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
- Successful completion of accredited coursework in Laboratory Sciences.
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory Quality Management systems, and of ACD/IQMH Lab Accreditation requirements.
- Understanding of equipment calibration and maintenance protocols.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of infection control practices and procedures, as well as applicable legislation and regulations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Demonstrated competency in record keeping.
- Ability to fulfill the on-call requirements of the role.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination.
Apply with resume and cover letter in confidence – quoting the reference number – to
Atikokan General Hospital, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-4305
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the above contact information.
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.